Places in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Getting around St Vincent and the Grenadines


You can charter small planes for inter-island travel. Mustique Airways ( and SVG Air ( run regular services to the Grenadines.

Side of road
Car hire

Easily arranged through a number of national and international firms.


These are shared and charge standard rates (fixed by the government). Taxi drivers do not expect tips.


You must bring your valid national licence or International Driving Permit. You need to show this to obtain a temporary local driving licence; these are available at all ports of entry as well as at the police headquarters in Kingstown, St Vincent.

By water

Yacht chartering is easily arranged and is one of the best ways to explore the Grenadines. You can hire yachst locally, with or without crew. Ferries make frequent sailings to Bequia (journey time - 1 hour), Canouan, Mayreau, the Union Islands and Mustique.

Visa and passport information is updated regularly and is correct at the time of publishing. You should verify critical travel information independently with the relevant embassy before you travel.