Israel Visa and Passport Requirements

Passport required Return ticket required Visa required
Australian Yes Yes No
British Yes Yes No
Canadian Yes Yes No
EU Yes Yes No
USA Yes Yes No

Do you need a Visa?

Our preferred partner VisaCentral can make applying for one fast and easy.

Apply for one now! Preferred suppliers of Visas and Passports by World Travel Guide

To enter Israel as a tourist, a passport valid for a minimum of six months from the date of entry is required by the nationals referred to in the chart above. Also, a valid departure ticket out of the country within three months is required unless you have a visa allowing you to stay longer.

Passport note

Due to a lack of diplomatic relations between Israel and many Arabic or predominantly Muslim countries, those with Israel entry stamps in their passports will not be allowed to enter the Arabic countries in question. To alleviate this issue, visitors are now given an entry card instead of a stamp on arrival to Israel, which you must keep until you leave.

While Israel doesn't stamp in your passport, the Jordanian authority may stamp to indicate that you are going to or have been to Israel when crossing from Jordan to Israel and vice versa. You can politely request them not to do so before handing in your passport and they will stamp on a form instead.

As of March 2017, foreign nationals may be refused entry to Israel if they have publicly called for a boycott of the country, or support an organisation that has called for it.


Visas are not required by nationals referred to in the chart above for stays of up to 90 days for the purpose of tourism. If you are from a country not listed above, please contact a consulate near you.

Types and cost

For those who require a B2 (visitor visa), the cost is US$28 / £21, while a student visa to Israel costs US$57 / £42.

Application to

Applications should be sent to Israeli embassy or consulate.

Temporary residence

An A/1 temporary resident visa can be issued to those who are eligible for immigration under the Law of Return.

Working days

Visa processing usually takes a week, but allow for up to one month.

Sufficient funds

You may need to provide proof of sufficient funds when entering Israel.

Extension of stay

A visitor who wishes to extend his visit must submit an application at one of the regional population administration offices of the Ministry of the Interior.

Entry with pets

Entry with pets is only allowed at Ben Gurion Airport (TLV), Haifa seaport, Ashdod seaport and Eilat seaport.

Israel does not quarantine healthy pets who meet the following requirements: pets must have a 15-digit ISO pet microchip, and must be vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days (but not more than one year) before travel. More than 30 days after vaccination, your pet must have a blood titer test. Within 10 days of travel, the Israel Veterinary Certificate must be completed and stamped by the country of origin. Pets under the age of three months cannot be brought into Israel.

Embassies and tourist offices

British Embassy in Israel
Telephone: +972 3 725 1222 Website: Opening times: Mon-Thurs 0800-1600, Fri 0800-1330.
Embassy of Israel in the USA
Telephone: +1 202 364 5500 Website: Opening times: Mon-Thu 0930-1300, Fri 0930-1030.
Embassy of Israel in the UK
Telephone: +44 20 7957 9500 Website: Opening times: Mon-Thu 0830-1730, Fri 0830-1330.

Do you need a Visa?

Our preferred partner VisaCentral can make applying for one fast and easy.

With more than 50 years experience CIBT and its subsidiary VisaCentral have become the largest and most well-established travel visa and passport company in the world.

CIBT and its subsidiary VisaCentral has the tools, experience, and global network necessary to effectively reduce the time associated with obtaining travel documents and legalisations.

VisaCentral offer:

  • Unmatched Speed.
  • Full Line of Services.
  • Proprietary Database.
  • Travel Visa and Passport Specialists.
  • Secure Process.
  • Real-time Order Tracking.
dummy banner image
Visa and passport information is updated regularly and is correct at the time of publishing. You should verify critical travel information independently with the relevant embassy before you travel.